Today, more than a hundred and thirty eight years after the school was established, St. Francis' Canossian College is one of the most prestigious catholic girls' secondary schools in both Wan Chai District and Hong Kong, as well as one of the 22 earliest grant schools in Hong Kong, and one of the 114 EMI secondary schools in Hong Kong. It is one of the best seconday schools on Hong Kong Island.
History and Information
* 1869-----School was founded by Canossian Missions on May 8th.
* 1870-----A piece of land was granted by government to build the campus,where included a hospital, a Chinese school,an English school and a Portuguese school.
* 1876-----First graduation of primary six students.
* 1920-1940-----School was known as "St. Francis' School", a government-aided English school with kindergarten,co-educational elementary school and middle school.
* 1945-----School reopened after World War II and was named as "Sacred Heart Junior School".
* 1953-----School was renamed as "St. Francis' Canossian College".
* 1956-----First phrase of the school building was completed. The first team of Red Cross Youth in Hong Kong was established on November 5th.
* 1958-----Second phrase of the school building was completed.
* 1962-----First year of Sixth Form Classes.
* 1985-----School Hall completed.
* 1994-----School celebrated its 125th Anniversary.
* 2002-----Project Learning curriculum was implemented in junior classes.
* 2004-----School celebrated its 135th Anniversary.
Principal and Supervisor
Current Principal: Sr. Susanna Yu
Current Supervisor: Sr. Theresa Chien
Current Vice Principal: Mr. Kenneth Law and Ms W Y Lee
"Live by the Truth in Love"
*Latin: "Veritas in Charitate"
*Chinese: "力行仁愛 實踐真理"
Criteria for Secondary One Discretionary Places:
*Stage 1: Assessment of applicants' performance in primary school
Selection criteria: academic performance - 30%, conduct - 20%, performance in extra-curricular activities, talents, skills, awards and services - 10%
*Stage 2: Individual & Group Interview
Selection criteria: Power of expression in English and Chinese, logical thinking and interactive skills
There are 24 classes in total, with 4 classes at each level from Form One to Form Five and 2 classes for Forms Six and Seven respectively.
All classrooms, special rooms and School Hall are air-conditioned and provided with Internet access. Each classroom is equipped with a TV set, a projector, a display screen and a video-cassette recorder. Special rooms include four computer rooms, Multimedia Learning Center, Independent Learning Center, Library, Laboratories, Needlework Room equipped with computer facilities.
Extra Curricular Activities
SFCC has 4 houses, 20 clubs and interest groups, which are divided into 5 categories:
*Service and Uniform Groups
*St. Gabriel House
House Color: Red ●
*St. Nicolaus House
House Color: Blue ●
*St. Patrick House
House Color: Green ●
*St. Valentina House
House Color: Yellow ●
*The Hon Audrey EU Yuet-mee, SC, JP-Hong Kong Legislative Council Member
*Carrie Lam Cheng Yuet-ngor-Permanent Secretary for Home Affairs of Hong Kong,Former Director of Social Welfare
*Lorna Wong Lung-shi--Commissioner for Television and Entertainment Licensing of Hong Kong
*Erica Li Man-a famous writer in Hong Kong
Sister Schools in Hong Kong
*Sacred Heart Canossian College
*St. Mary's Canossian College
*Holy Family Canossian College
*Pui Tak Canossian College