On June 16, 1872, True Light School, a primary school, was founded in Guangzhou by Miss Harriet Noyes, a missionary of . In 1917, True Light Middle School was established in Guangzhou as a section.
In 1949, due to the of Guangzhou, the school was transferred to Hong Kong. It was finally settled at the recent site in 1960, with affiliated primary school and kindergarten opened on its original campus on the . In 1990, the basketball court was demolished, in order to build a new annex. In addition, a six-story new building was completed in 2006.